Microblading, also known as SPMU (semi-permanent make up).
This trend is currently taking the world by storm and is an extremely lucrative business to be involved in.
The main skills you will perform are:
Enhancing the client’s appearance using Micro-Pigmentation – to include consultation, skin (Fitzpatrick scale) and hair analysis, carrying out relevant tests prior to treatment, recognising contraindications and contra-actions, treating different areas including eyes, brows and lips and adapting the treatment to the client’s specific needs
The Learner will also develop knowledge about related health and safety, client care and communication which is essential in order to work and be successful in the Beauty industry
This qualification also provides:
the related knowledge and understanding required to perform the Micro-Pigmentation Treatment listed above effectively, in particular anatomy and physiology and common diseases and disorders that may affect when a client should or should not receive treatment.
opportunities for Learners to focus on the development of their wider skills in a MicroPigmentation setting, such as communicating with clients, working with others and problem solving opportunities for Learners to develop a range of skills, techniques, personal qualities and attitudes essential for successful performance in employment as a Micro-Pigmentation Specialist.
Why Choose the ITEC Level 4 Award in Micro-Pigmentation Treatment?
- This Qualification combines the full range of skills and knowledge for the Learner seeking employment or self-employment as a Micro-Pigmentation Specialist at Level 4. There are other ITEC Diplomas at level 4 however they also contain the skills of Laser and Light Treatments. This qualification is suitable for continual professional development for those Learners who are already qualified and working in the industry
- This Qualification is listed in the Ofqual Register of Qualifications
- This Qualification contains all the skills and knowledge required for employability at Level 4
- Learners may progress on to qualifications such as the ITEC Level 4 Diploma in Advanced Skincare, the ITEC Level 4 Diploma in Spa and Salon Management or a Degree in Management at University, the ITEC Level 4 Diploma in Laser and Light Treatments, the ITEC Level 4 2 V2 ITEC Level 4 Award in Micro-Pigmentation Treatment QAN 600/3944/9 Certificate in Laser and Light Treatments for Skin Rejuvenation or the ITEC Level 4 Certificate in Laser and Light Treatments for Hair Removal
- This qualification does not form part of an Apprenticeship
- This qualification is recognised by all relevant professional bodies within the Beauty Therapy Industry for membership and insurance purposes at Level 4
Course Dates and Fees
Courses will be available on Wednesdays and Fridays.
Courses will begin January 2020
Opportunities for Progression Once Learners have achieved the ITEC Level 4 Award in Micro-Pigmentation Treatment they may progress on to other ITEC or equivalent qualifications at Level 3 and 4 for example:
- Level 3 Diploma in Spa Treatments · Level 4 Certificate in Laser and Light Treatment for Skin Rejuvenation · Level 4 Certificate in Laser and Light Treatment for Hair Removal · Level 4 Diploma in Advanced Skincare · Level 4 Diploma in Spa and Salon Management