The main aim of the VTCT (ITEC) Level 3 Award in Massage using Pre-Blended Aromatherapy Oils is to enable learners to gain the necessary practical and theoretical skills in order to provide massage using pre-blended aromatherapy oils to the general public and to gain employment in the beauty therapy industry. This qualification is suitable for learners aged 16 and over and is designed to provide occupational competence at Level 3. It also provides a sound platform into further training at Level 3.
The main skills the learner will perform are:
- Massage using pre-blended aromatherapy oils – to include choosing the correct pre-blended aromatherapy oil to suit the clients’ specific treatment needs and skin type and adapting the massage to suit the client’s treatment needs
The Learner will also develop knowledge about related health and safety and client care and communication which is essential to work and be successful in the beauty therapy industry.
This qualification also provides:
- The related knowledge and understanding required to perform massage treatments listed above as well as understanding the structures that the learner will be working over, in particular recognition of skin types and skin diseases and reasons that may affect whether a client should or should not be treated
- Opportunities for learners to focus on the development of their wider skills in a beauty therapy setting, such as communicating with clients, working with others and problem solving
- Opportunities for learners to develop a range of skills, techniques, personal qualities and attitudes essential for successful performance in employment as a massage therapist
Why choose VTCT (ITEC) Level 3 Award in Massage using Pre-Blended Aromatherapy Oils?
- This qualification combines the full range of skills and knowledge for the learner seeking employment or self-employment as a massage therapist at Level 3. There are other VTCT (ITEC) diplomas that contain massage using pre-blended aromatherapy oils; however these also contain other types of massage techniques. This qualification enables learners to specialise in massage using pre-blended aromatherapy oils and may be suitable for Continuous Professional Development (CPD) for those who are already qualified and working in the Industry
- This qualification is listed in the Ofqual Register of Qualifications
- This qualification contains all the skills and knowledge required for employability at Level 3
- Learners may progress on to: VTCT (ITEC) Level 3 Diploma in Beauty Therapy, VTCT (ITEC) Diploma in Massage and Electrotherapy, VTCT (ITEC) Level 3 Award in Indian Head Massage, VTCT (ITEC) Level 3 Award in Body Massage and VTCT (ITEC) Level 3 Certificate in Spa Treatments
- This qualification does not form part of an Apprenticeship
- This qualification is recognised by all relevant professional bodies within the beauty therapy industry for membership and insurance purposes at Level 3
Course Dates & Fees
Courses will begin January 2020 – exact times, dates and fees tbc
Opportunities for progression Once Learners have achieved the VTCT (ITEC) Level 3 Award in Massage using Pre-Blended Aromatherapy Oils they may progress on to other VTCT (ITEC) or equivalent qualifications at Level 3, for example:
- Level 3 Award in Indian Head Massage
- Level 3 Award in Body Massage
- Level 3 Award in Spa Treatments
- Level 3 Diploma in Beauty Therapy
- Level 3 Diploma in Massage and Electrotherapy