The main aim of the ITEC Level 3 Award in Indian Head Massage is to enable Learners to gain the necessary practical skills and knowledge in order to provide Indian Head Massage to the general public and to gain employment in the Spa and Beauty Industry.
The qualification is suitable for Learners aged 16 and over and is designed to provide occupational competence at Level 3. It also provides a sound platform into further learning at Levels 3 and 4
The main skill the Learner will perform is:
- Indian Head Massage – to include the use of techniques such as classical Indian Head Massage movements, massage mediums and adapting the treatment to meet the clients’ specific treatment needs The Learner will also develop knowledge about client care and communication which is essential in order to work and be successful in the Industry
This qualification also provides:
- The related knowledge and understanding required to perform the massage treatments outlined above effectively, in particular the anatomy and physiology of the body and common diseases and disorders that may affect whether a client should or should not receive treatment
- Opportunities for Learners to focus on the development of their wider skills in a massage setting, such as communicating with clients, working with others and problem solving
- Opportunities for Learners to develop a range of skills, techniques, personal qualities and attitudes essential for successful performance in employment as an Indian Head Massage Therapist
Why Choose the ITEC Level 3 Award in Indian Head Massage?
- This Qualification combines the full range of skills and knowledge for the Learner seeking employment or self-employment as an Indian Head Massage Therapist at Level 3.
There are other ITEC Diplomas that contain Indian Head Massage; however, these also contain other types of massage techniques. This qualification enables Learners to specialise in Indian Head Massage and may also be suitable for Continuous Professional Development for those who are already qualified and working in the Industry
- This Qualification is listed in the Ofqual Register of Qualifications
- This Qualification contains all the skills and knowledge required for employability at Level 3
- Learners may progress on to qualifications such as the ITEC Level 3 Diploma in Spa and Body Treatments, the ITEC Level 3 Diploma in Beauty Therapy, the ITEC Level 3 Diploma in Advanced Beauty Therapy, the ITEC Level 3 Apprenticeship in Beauty Therapy – General, the ITEC Level 3 Apprenticeship in Spa Therapy and the ITEC Level 4 Diploma in Salon and Spa Management or a Degree in Management at University 2 V2 Level 3 Award in Indian Head Massage – Specification
- This qualification does not form part of an Apprenticeship
- This qualification is recognised by all relevant professional bodies within the Beauty Therapy Industry for membership and insurance purposes at Level 3.
Opportunities for Progression Once Learners have achieved the ITEC Level 3 Award in Indian Head Massage they may progress on to other ITEC or equivalent qualifications at Level 3 and 4 for example:
- Level 3 Diploma in Spa and Body Treatments · Level 3 Certificate in Spa Treatments · Level 4 Diploma in Salon and Spa Management or a Degree in Management at University · Level 4 Diploma in Advanced Skincare · Level 4 Diploma in Laser and Light Treatments · Level 4 Certificate in Laser and Light Treatments for Hair Removal · Level 4 Certificate in Laser and Light Treatments for Skin Rejuvenation
Courses will begin January 2020.
Exact dates, times and fees to be confirmed.