The main aim of the ITEC Level 2 Diploma for Beauty Specialists is to enable Learners to gain the necessary practical and theoretical skills in order to provide Beauty Specialist treatments to the general public and to gain employment in the Beauty Therapy Industry.
This qualification is suitable for Learners aged 16 and over and is designed to provide occupational competence at Level 2. It also provides a sound platform into further training at Level 3
The main skills the Learner will perform are:
- Care of the skin – to include consultation, skin analysis, cleansing, exfoliation, facial massage and the use of face masks
- Care of the eyebrows and eyelashes – to include shaping and lash and brow tinting
- Application of all make-up products – to include recognition of face shapes and corrective make-up
- Care of the hands and feet – to include nail care, exfoliation, massage and nail painting
- Waxing – to include removal of hair using hot and cool wax methods The Learner will also develop knowledge about related health and safety and client care and communication which is essential to work and be successful in the Beauty Industry
This qualification also provides:
- The related knowledge and understanding required to perform the beauty treatments listed above as well as understanding the structures that the Learner will be working over, in particular recognition of skin types, skin and nail diseases and reasons that may affect whether a client should or should not be treated
- Opportunities for Learners to focus on the development of their wider skills in a beauty therapy setting, such as communicating with clients, working with others and problem solving
- Opportunities for Learners to develop a range of skills, techniques, personal qualities and attitudes essential for successful performance in employment as a Beauty Specialist
Why Choose the ITEC Level 2 Diploma for Beauty Specialists?
- This Qualification combines the full range of skills and knowledge for the Learner seeking employment or self-employment as a Beauty Specialist at Level 2. This qualification enables the Learner to become multi-skilled which is required for employment in Industry
- This Qualification is listed in the Ofqual Register of Qualifications
- This Qualification contains all the skills and knowledge required for employability at Level 2 V1 Level 2 Diploma for Beauty Specialists – Specification 2
- Learners may progress on to the ITEC Level 3 Diploma in Beauty Therapy, the Level 3 Diploma in Beauty Therapy Treatments, the Level 3 Diploma in Spa and Body Treatments, the ITEC Level 3 Diploma in Massage and Electrotherapy Treatments
- This qualification does not form part of an Apprenticeship
- This qualification is recognised by all relevant professional bodies within the Beauty Therapy Industry for membership and insurance purposes where applicable at Level 2
Units included in the course;
Unit 22 – Level 2 – Professional Conduct & Business Awareness
Unit 9 – Level 2 – Skincare & Eye Treatments
Unit 11 – Level 2 – Manicure
Unit 11 – Level 2 – Pedicure
Unit 12 – Level 2 – Waxing
Unit 10 – Level 2 – Make up
If you do not want to do the entire Beauty Specialist Diploma but would like to specialise in one treatment for example nails or waxing, all units are available separately as well as combined. Please enquire to find out dates and prices for individual units: firstname.lastname@example.org
Course Dates & Fees
This course will run for 20 weeks.
The course will be held on Friday’s.
Courses to begin Friday 6th September 2019 – exact times and dates still tbc
Extras you will need for the course;
You will be required to obtain a Beauty Kit in order to carry out your case studies and practice at home, and there is also a text book required. All of which the details will be emailed to you at registration.
Opportunities for Progression Once Learners have achieved the ITEC Level 2 Diploma for Beauty Specialists they may progress on to other ITEC or equivalent qualifications at Level 2 or 3, for example:
- Level 2 Diploma in Hair, Photographic and Media Make-up
- Level 3 Diploma in Beauty Therapy · Level 3 Diploma in Massage and Electrotherapy Treatments
- Level 3 Diploma in Body Treatments
- Level 3 Diploma in Advanced Beauty Therapy
- Level 3 Diploma in Fashion and Media Make-up